Saturday, April 18

Tampa Downtown Market


My neighbor Paddy and I ventured to downtown Tampa to check out the Tampa Downtown Farmer's Market. It was a beautiful day, we found an excellent parking spot close by, and we had a really nice time checking out the vendors.
We could not find the actual "Dancing Goat" but the Dancing Goat lady was there selling her handmade soaps. Paddy bought some delicious Focaccia bread and shared half of the loaf with me. I had some this afternoon with some olive oil, salt & pepper. It was very good. I bought some smokey Paprika that I hope to use soon from a women selling spices . I always see Rachel Ray cooking with it on her show. I, also, picked up some fresh green beans and a couple of limes from the produce vendor.
After the market we went over to Channelside for a bite of lunch since Paddy had never been to Channelside. I gave her the short tour and she very kindly treated me to lunch at Thai Thani. It was very good and had just the right amount of spice for my tast buds.

After lunch we did a quick driving tour around Ybor City, then a drive down Central Avenue so that I could show her the beautiful old Hillsborough High School, and then it was back home.
If you have the chance go downtown to check out the Market before they close in May. They're opening from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm each Friday. Click on the Market photo above to link to their website.
Friday evening I went over to Clearwater to join my friends Kathy& Larry. We went to Safety Harbor to participate in the Third Friday Festival.
http://www.cityofsafetyharbor.com/index.asp?nid=317
More beautiful Florida Spring weather. It was a fun evening spending time with old friends, enjoying Lobster Bisque from a vendor, seeing how much attention little Marcel, their dog, got and enjoying some nice wine back at their lovely home. I slept very well last night.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com