Tuesday, March 12

The Latest Project...

For awhile now I've wanted to create a more appropriate cover for my tablet computer.  I've, also, wanted to try my hand at crocheting some of those cute flowers that I've seen all over Pinterest.
 

Last week I came across this black felted tablet cover while poking around Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts.  I was doing so good keeping myself out of there but the lure of four 50% off coupons was just too much temptation.  I had managed to stay away since before Christmas but I'm only human!  What's a woman to do!
 

I sort of followed some flower and cherry patterns from Pinterest but then I made up my own variations on them.

I played around with the red flower idea and added in the Cherry glass lampwork cabochon bead but that wasn't working for me. 
 
 
So then I decided to put the glass bead in the middle as a "button" accentI liked that better but it was too plain and would need to be embellished.
I figured out the cherry bead placement but then I decided that I wanted to change up the crocheted flower idea.  That's when I decided to create the little Fried Egg Flower Poppy look.  Much cuter idea right?



A closeup view...
I did some bead embellishing around the cherry closure bead and finished attaching all of the crocheted flowers and cherries.

A closeup view of the embellished cherry cabochon bead.  I think it's now a much worthier cover for my tablet and way cuter than the old cover I'd picked up from Target over a year ago.

 

Thanks for stopping by and for letting me share.




7 comments:

  1. Thats so cute! Those are the best cherries i've seen like ever =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea!! Your project came out great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an excellent job on your creations. Yours look much nicer than the store ones. Job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MAN! That is amazing! I love your new cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "OMG! I LOVE IT!" squealed my daughter, Courtney. My sentiments exactly! Vicki, is there anything you CAN'T do?!?!?!? You never cease to amaze me - you're SO talented! Wish I knew how to crochet these adorable flowers and cherries! I think it's time for that trip to Florida I've been wanting to make so we can craft together! :) P.S. Courtney said she's coming too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoy your blog! Just wanted to share this since I know you also love Mary E. Check it out. :D Have a very Breit and happy week!
    http://myall2.blogspot.com/2013/03/its-very-mary-kind-of-week-around-here.html

    Kathy Aho

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com