Sunday, October 3

It's ME Monday according to my Calendar(s)

Welcome, again, to Mary Engelbreit Monday. Please join us and post the link to your blog with the related Mary Engelbreit pictures to share with everyone. It can be a ME licensed product or something that was "inspired" by Mary Engelbreit's artwork. It "should" be a photo that you took of something that you own. We're flexible here....let's have fun above all else.

Once you've posted your picture come back and add your link in Mr. Linky below. Please share the link back to my blog so that everyone can take part in sharing their post and picture.

This is my "collection" of ME Calendars. I have wall calendars from 1989 through 2003. You might be asking yourself..."why does she save them?" Well, for me they are a wealth of artwork that I can "upcycle" into something, someday. I'm actually going to be participating in a Christmas box exchange with fellow bloggers soon. For that I will need something to decorate my ME inspired Christmas box with. Voila! I have the month of December from all those calendars that I can cut from. See...I'm not just a "hoarder" of calendars.
I stopped buying the wall calendars when they downsized them to a smaller format. They became too small for my ME calendar holder. You remember that...I featured it a few weeks back.
I have ME desk calendars from 1997-2008 but I'm not sure why I stopped getting those. For years 2005 & 2007 I even have two for each of those years. One for home and one when for the office when I had a "desk job." Again, more great pictures to cut up and use.
In 2004 there was a scrapbook calendar that I bought. From 2007-2009 I downsized to pocket calendars to write appointments in. I am sad to say that this year I bought no Mary Engelbreit calendar. I can't even tell you why I didn't. Chances are I just didn't see one in my day to day travels to buy it. I'm carry around this ugly brown plastic pocket calendar to keep appts. in. It was only $1.00. Perhaps, this all says something about the state of our economy in the last few years. Hum???


5 comments:

  1. I can’t believe you have that many calendars.....that collection is amazing to say the least. I have 2....but I have some I have already bought for next year....see, I am thinking ahead, Maybe I will post them tonight to give you a tiny bit of competition....my 3 to your 50 or so....not much competition.

    Hugs,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning,

    I buy 3 or 4 of the ME calendars each year. Even with the smaller size I love to see the illustrations. I did give them up to our school guidance counselor who uses them on bulletin boards. Sharing the love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the desk calandar-hope to have a new one for next year. Also have a "Mary" screen saver on computer...looking forward to seeing your christmas box...Terry P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, I kept my ME calendars too, but I only have a few. I never buy myself a calendar because with a January birthday I always seem to get one as a gift. ;-)
    The Christmas Box exchange sounds like fun. Who is sponsoring this?
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have about 6 or 7 calendars - your collection is AMAZING! I don't think I have ever bought one - they were gifts from students - which is lucky for me. I bet your M.E. box will be adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com