Tuesday, August 3

I Saw Them....I Wanted Them....I Found Them....I Bought Them!

Thank you to Sweet Sue for hosting us this week from "It's a Very Cherry World"
Click Picture to Enlarge
I'm rushing like a crazy woman because Sue already has the link for "Rednesday' up on her blog and I just finished taking my pictures.
No laughing please.....this is my first attempt at a semi, kinda like, Tablescape. The trouble is I don't really have a dining room table. What was a dining room table has become my work table. So to get this picture I had to pick up poor Missy and her cat bed and move her away from the window where I thought there would be decent light to take this photograph. I had to select a piece of my "many" cherry print fabrics, iron it, and assemble this all together. Even now I notice the "stuff" behind the plate...lol. Oh well!
Sooo...to make a long story even longer....a couple of weeks ago I saw someone linked up to Rednesday who had the most darling red cherry colander and these cherry measuring cups. I soooo wanted them. I immediately Google searched every combination of words to find them but I was not successful. I sent pictures to my neighbor, Paddy, and asked her to be on the look out for them, too. I just knew I "needed" them. I showed them to Ms. Christina in Ft. Myers who has the cherry kitchen. She had never seen them either...ugh!
The BF tells me all the time that I should work for the FBI. I always seem to figure out what he is up to with minimal information...lol! Anywhooooo.....today I was running errands and I stopped into Pier 1 Imports....I seldom go in there...prices are high...on my way to "Tar-Jay". Well...I'm strolling around looking at stuff thinking that I'm getting some walking (exercise) in, when out of the corner of my eye I spy the Cherry colander and then the Cherry measuring cups and THEN the Cherry measuring spoons. You would have thought that it was the second coming of Christ! I was SO thrilled! I found them! I found them! A big gulp and I flip stuff over to check the prices. The sensible side of me decided that while I LOVE the Cherry colander, I can live without it. It's $18 but I later found it in the store on sale right now for $14.99. The Cherry measuring cups were $15 but I had to have them. They are now MINE! Happy Dance! I don't recall what the Cherry measuring spoons are going for but until they go on sale I probably won't be owning them either. Plus I just found the cute little silver Cherry measuring spoons for Joann's for $1. 
So to Pier 1 Imports...if you need any help with your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) please get in touch with me. Once I got home I found the "Red Colander" on their website. It's linked from my Facebook page if you want to see it.

25 comments:

  1. You did a very nice job on your table. Just great for Rednesday. Enjoyed visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the tale of my dinner disaster was pretty entertaining, but this post was lots more fun to read. You are just too cute, gal. I think I need you for Kitchen Operation Optimization....what do you think? Sounds like you are a happy camper with your finds....don’t worry about the cost....you can’t take it with you. And, yes, I agree with you....Sue was little Miss Speedy Magreedy tonight with her Rednesday posting. She almost caught me off guard, too.
    Hugs,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehehe! Cute post :) Great, darling cherry finds! You were meant to have them. And, can you believe how many people posted about measuring cups this week?! Myself included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vignette! The cherry measuring cups are terrific, and the rest of the picture adds to the charm. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Everything is darling! I can see why you wanted them, I just adore those measuring cups! They make me all smiley.

    Happy Rednesday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so appreciate your "real" life blog....I don't know how people get their perfect photos, I always find a dirty coffee cup or old sock in the background just as I am about to post it...or sometimes AFTER! The measuring cups are really cute and I like the pour spouts. You'll enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited for you! And they look practical with their mug handles, too! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicki, I wish you see me smiling and shaking my head in agreement as I read this post. I am so late minute getting photos done for a post. And it is so like me to see something, decide I have to have it, and go to great lengths to find it. LOL So happy for you that you found these. Your vignette looks adorable. I imiage I'll be going to Pier I tomorrow. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicki!
    I think this is a wonderful vignette and those measure cups are to die for!
    Thanks for popping by today...love visitors!
    Happy REDnesday to you.
    Sandi @ Bearly Sane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute. You have to buy things that are on sale right. Too bad the measuring cups weren't but they were worth it. Who needs a dining room table anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great. Everything is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute , yes i saw that at Pier too,, if i would of known i could have told ya.. Now i am contemplating getting them.. so cute.. My mom just got license plate frames with cherries on them. They are chrome and then each corner has 2 red cherries on them.. She does a cherry theme in her car. Mats ect.. She has a black bug so the red looks adorable. My mom always cordinating..lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicki! Your red vignette is charming!! Those cherry measuring cups are as precious as can be and if I spotted them I would want them too!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those measuring cups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicki!
    Your Vignette is charming...so cherry...er...cheery. LOL..You are as bad as me when you find a treasure. It would be tooo embarassing if we were in a store together, but hey little things make us happy..who needs gems and gold...give us shiney and old, or, themed cherry or strawberry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I forgot to tell you I'm a follower now..
    thought I was, but......and you'll find yourself on my bloglist...you are too special not to share;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How ironic that you would mention Pier One, when low and behold I get a flyer from them PLUS two discount cards to use there..Guess where I'm heading? lol. Oh my goodness, I too would want them. I love the picture you took of everything. It does my heart good. I so enjoy coming to your blog. It is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vicki~Congratulations on your find! I'm so glad that you hunted them down!!!
    I love them and am now wondering if we have a Pier 1 here in town(remember I just moved back here after 22 years). Gotta check them out for myself!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  19. BTW~Sorry, I thought I was a follower of yours, guess not. BUT I am now!!
    Fondly,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's very cute. No laughing, more than what I could have put together that fast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember that red colander. Your little scape is really cute. I loved reading the whole story. Love the cherries-they just make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Vicki,

    That is the greatest story. Those little cherry pieces were calling out your name just hoping you would find them.
    I absolutely adore those measuring cups.
    And your Tablescape looks wonderful.
    (I didn't even notice the stuff in the background. LOL)
    Happy Rednesday....
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your little photo-op...great job! It is very eye pleasing. Hope your day was happily red-fabulous! Loving your blog. ;)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Oh Oh I love those cherry measuring cups...... I think a trip to pier one is in my future!
    Hopefully they will consider them summer items and clearance them soon!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Cherry Hugz,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com