Sunday, August 29

ME Monday.....

It's time, again, for Mary Engelbreit Monday!

Welcome and please join us and post the link to your blog with the related Mary Engelbreit pictures to share with everyone. It can be a ME licensed product or something that was "inspired" by Mary Engelbreit's artwork. It "should" be a photo that you took of something that you own. We're flexible here....let's have fun above all else.
Click to Photo to Enlarge
Here are some "jewelry" ideas that I've been working on this weekend. On the side panel of my blog you'll see a button for "Creative Chicks". There's a group of people getting together in mid Sept. to share their creative side via a link of blogs. The first day is about creating with ole Mod Podge. I've bought a million of these little ME scrapbook card board pieces with the idea that I would do something "jewelryish" (new word) with them. First I coated them front and back with the Mod Podge so that the resin would not bleed the colors. Saturday the resin that I had ordered came in the mail and I got to play with it. Cool stuff and it's easy to work with. The pieces with the asterick have been coated with resin.
You can see the reflection and magnification of the three pieces to the left. The three pieces on the right have not had the resin applied to them, yet. I used a Sharpie pen to put my name on the oval piece with the thought that I will wear this as my "badge" when I attend Networking events.
In this photo you can see the "doming" of the resin on the three pieces that have been coated. I'm waiting on some findings to arrive so that I can create pendants and pins with the finished pieces. I need to have this completed in time to share with the "Creative Chicks".

Once you've posted your pictures come back and add your link in Linky Tools below. Please share the link back to my blog so that everyone can take part in sharing their post nd pictures.

8 comments:

  1. Wow...what an entry! Now I want to try it. Gotta find the resin and learn how to use it. I LOVE your little pins...and you know how I love pins...yours are the cutest as is the rest of your work. You are the Queen of Pins....
    Hugs to my pal......
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resin pins look so cool. I have a couple of patriotic ones. These are are going to be wonderful additions to your line. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I wish I had something ME to share - but I will enjoy everyone else's goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have thought about working with resin but hesitated. I think I am not fast enough (or other unsubstantiated excuses.) It does add a wonderful coating and finish to the pins. Would be wonderful for keychains!
    Cute and eyecatching networking nametag.

    Modpodge is my speed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an exciting idea! I just recently bought a bunch of those scrapbook things myself without even thinking about what I'd do with them.
    You are very clever and creative! Love these ME Mondays!
    Jane-Jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! You are so stinking crafty!!! They look wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The resin really makes the designs "pop"! Very cute idea, the name tag is especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE THIS IDEA! I was going to include some of those in my ME giveaway, but not now! (Sorry!) You are very clever. Sorry I couldn't join today - my pictures did not turn out. Next week!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!



I changed my font at scrappinblogs.blogspot.com